ABA Leeds (Association of Blind Asians) is a charity organisation (Charity no: 1042621) delivering specialist support to people from BAME communities with visual impairments, as well as their carers and their families. Since the ABA was founded in 1989, we have focussed on preventing sight loss and increasing the confidence and independence of our service users so that they are able to lead independent lives.
Our organisation was set up to support South Asian individuals coping with sight loss. As we have developed as a client-centred support service, ABA has broadened to provide comprehensive services to visually impaired people across the diversity of BAME communities.
We are seeking to appoint passionate and reliable individuals for the following position. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and identities.
Hours: 21 hours per week
Salary scale: £12593.00 – actual salary for 21 hours per week (£22189.00 per annum for 37 hours) plus 5% pension contribution
Contract: Five years subject to completion of successful 6 month probationary period
Location: Leeds / Office based
Starting date: Immediate
Annual Leave: 24 days (includes 3 occasional days) plus 8 public holidays for staff working 37 hours per week (pro-rata for part-time workers)
Purpose of the job:
- To provide high quality, customer-focused Advice and advocacy support to people living with and affected by sight loss.
- To run and facilitate drop-ins/luncheon clubs for visually impaired people
- To raise awareness around sight loss/healthy living issues and eye care services available in Leeds and support them in accessing services by signposting to other services.
- To support the independence and social inclusion of people with visual impairment.
- To act as an ECLIO (Eye Care Liaison Officer) in one of the hospital’s eye clinics
Closing date: 15th December 2023
Donate as little as £5 to support us and the work we do.
Subscribe to our Newsletter.
Recieve our latest updates right to your inbox.