Travel Information

Concessions on Public Transport.

You could be entitled to significantly cheaper or even free travel on public transport if you are registered as either blind (severely sight impaired) or partially sighted (sight impaired). However, some of these concessions are open to you regardless of your disability.

Disabled Person's Railcard

The Disabled Person’s Railcard provides at least one-third off the price of certain rail tickets for the cardholder and an accompanying adult where applicable, in England, Wales, and Scotland.

Even if you do not have the Disabled Person’s Railcard, you can get discounted rail travel of 34 percent or 50 percent on certain tickets, or free travel for a companion when you travel on your season ticket. To qualify you must be traveling with another person and have a document confirming your registration both when you buy and when traveling on your ticket.

Call 0845 605 0525 or visit the link below for further details.

Rail Journey Sighted Assistance.

By being visually impaired, you are entitled to sighted assistance at the start and end of your rail journey. For more information please visit the link below.

How to Apply for a Blind Pass.

To apply, post Leeds City Council's application form along with the required supporting documentation mentioned in the form, to PO Box 657, Leeds, LS1 9BS.

Concessionary Bus Passes/Blind Pass.

To be eligible the person should have a high degree of vision loss; for example, seeing much less than is normal or perhaps seeing nothing at all.

Please visit the link below for comprehensive information on eligibility, benefits, lost, damaged, or stolen passes, re-applying for a pass, replacing a blind pass online, correcting or updating pass details, and technical questions.

Donate Today.

Donate as little as £5 to support us and the work we do.

Our Funders

Our Funders

Subscribe to our Newsletter.

Recieve our latest updates right to your inbox. 

Skip to content