Home Travel Info

Travel Concessions

Concessions on public transport

You could be entitled to significantly cheaper or even free travel on public transport if you are registered as either blind (severely sight impaired) or partially sighted (sight impaired). However some of these concessions are open to you regardless of your disability.

Disabled Person`s Railcard

The Disabled Person`s Railcardgives at least one third off the price of certain rail tickets for the cardholder and an accompanying adult where applicable, in England, Wales and Scotland.

Even if you do not have the Disabled Person`s Railcard, you can get discounted rail travel of 34 per cent or 50 per cent on certain tickets, or free travel for a companion when you travel on your season ticket. To qualify you must be travelling with another person and have a document confirming your registration both when you buy and when travelling on your ticket.

Call 0845 605 0525 or visit the Disabled persons railcard website for further details.

Rail journey sighted assistance

By being visually impaired, you are entitled to sighted assistance at the start and end of your rail journey.For more information visit Disabillityonboard website.

Concessionary Bus Passes/Blind Pass

To be eligible the person should have a high degree of vision loss; for example seeing much less than is normal or perhaps seeing nothing at all.

Please visit Metro`s website for comprehensive information on eligibility, benefits, lost, damaged or stolen passes, re-applying for a pass, replacing a blind pass online, correcting or updating pass details and technical questions.

How to apply for a Blind Pass

To apply, post Leeds City Council`s application form(PDF 270KB) long with the required supporting documentation mentioned in the form, to PO Box 657, Leeds, LS1 9BS.

For More information on the application form and other concessionary passes please visit

Our Funders