Home Benefits Info


Attendance Allowance

This benefit provides weekly payments for support depending on your age and personal health.

Attendance allowance is available for a person who is ages 65 or over and you:

Have a physical disability (including sensory disability, for example blindness), a mental disability (including learning difficulties), or both

And your disability is severe enough for you to need help caring for yourself or someone to supervise you, for your own or someone else`s safety.

There are more conditions which will need to be met in order to receive the support.

Please follow the following link for more information on eligibility, application and assessment for this allowance.

Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)

If you are blind or partially sighted you may be entitled to receiving ESA support which is a weekly to monthly payment to help and support you.

If you are not working due to having limited capability for work because of sickness or disability and aged over 16 years of age, you may be entitled to receiving ESA.

You may not be entitled to certain other benefits (Statutory Sick Pay, Incapacity Benefit, Income Support, Severe Disablement Allowance or Jobseeker`s Allowance) and could still be entitled to ESA.

For more information and to apply for ESA please visit:

Personal Independence Payment (PIP)

PIP helps support you for costs which may be caused by disability or illnesses.

PIP is only for people aged 16 to 64. If you are:

65 or older and were born before 8 April 1948, PIP is not the benefit that you will claim to help with extra costs. If you are claiming help for the first time, it will be Attendance Allowance. If you are 65 or over.

To find out more about eligibility and the application process, please visit:

Incapacity Benefit

Incapacity Benefit is paid to people who are unable to work and have paid enough National Insurance Contributions. It was replaced by Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) and since 31 January 2011 no new Incapacity Benefit claims have been accepted. You should claim Employment and Support Allowance instead.

If you couldn’t work because of illness or disability before 31 January 2011, you may still be receiving Incapacity Benefit 

Income from Incapacity Benefit is included as income when means-tested benefits and tax credits are calculated. You should enter the amount of Incapacity Benefit you receive so that we can work out your means-tested entitlements.

To find out more about eligibility and the application process, please visit:

Carer’s Allowance 

Carer’s Allowance is a benefit for people who are giving regular and substantial care to disabled people in their own homes. Carer’s Allowance is a taxable benefit and forms part of your taxable income.

State Pension 

The State Pension is intended to ensure that everyone has a foundation for their retirement income to support them in their old age. State Pensions are funded from National Insurance (NI) contributions. What you`ll receive doesn’t directly depend on how much you have earned but on your own NI record. For those who enter the National Insurance system on or after 6 April 2016, in order to get the full State Pension you currently need to have 35 years’ worth of qualifying NI contributions or credits when you reach State Pension Age (SPA).  For those who have an NI record before 6 April 2016, there are transitional arrangements.

Our Funders